Camp Volunteers Needed
Download FCF Volunteer Registration Form
Camp Volunteer Job Description
*** Please note, all volunteers must be available Sunday June 23 for a camper/family meet and greet AND a date TBD in early July for Training***
Fiddlehead Care Farm is committed to innovative therapy for children and youth with special needs to help them reach their potential and become their best self. We are offering an integrated and accessible farming, science and nature day camp for children ages 6 and up on our therapeutic farm located on organic farmland in Mono, Ontario geared specifically for children with unique physical and psychosocial needs such as:
- Developmental Delay
- Brain Injury
We are looking for Summer Day Camp volunteers who are enthusiastic, dedicated, fun-loving, and passionate about supporting children and youth with a variety of needs to reach their full potential and “grow from within."
- Week 1 July 8-12
- Week 2 July 22-26
- Week 2 August 12-16
426059 25th Sideroad, Mono, ON, L9V 1E2
Major Responsibilities and Abilities
- Ensure children have a fun experience while in summer camp
- Support and work as part of a staff and volunteer team
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Able to follow direction and ask for clarification
- Provide opportunities for each camper to experience success and maximize inclusion and participation
- Help each camper meet the camp goals, including increased self-esteem
- Adhere to all of camp’s policies and regulations
- Lead fun and interesting programs for children and youth (Optional: bring your ideas)
- A high school graduate or equivalent and no less than 16 years of age
- Desire and ability to work with children in a variety of outdoors activities.
- Prior experience working with children and/or persons with special needs beneficial.
- Ability to work 8:30am-4:00pm all or some of July 12-16, July 22-26 and/or August 12-16,
- Ability to be flexible and to respond and adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment
- Resourceful and organized
- First Aid & CPR certifications considered an asset
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date. FCF will provide applicable instructions and paperwork upon request.
- Personal and/or professional growth, learning and satisfaction
- Developing sustained friendships with people from diverse backgrounds who share a common goal of wanting to make a positive impact on the lives of children/youth with a variety of special needs
- Have a fun and fulfilling summer experience
- Volunteer and/or community service hours (school and job references available upon request)
Download: FCF Volunteer Registration Form
Any other questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 647-624-8421.
Fiddlehead Care Farm will provide an orientation to all volunteers on above requirements.
Please note that volunteers will never be left alone with Fiddlehead Care Farm clients and will never be asked to provide any personal care.