Fiddlehead Care Farm invites applications for TWO (2) “Therapeutic Farm Inclusion Facilitators” Summer Staff positions.
2 Positions Available
June 17 – August 16, 2019
Fiddlehead Care Farm (FCF) is an accessible, therapeutic Care Farm in Mono, ON that provides counseling, horticultural therapy, animal-assisted therapy, nature exploration, recreation and life skills for people of all ages and abilities.
The successful candidates will develop, facilitate and deliver safe, inclusive, fun and therapeutic programming for day camp and farm visiting participants with and without special needs.
- Work as part of a staff and volunteer team, acting as a host for individual and group visits with a focus on children and youth with a variety of special needs.
- Work with FCF staff to adapt and plan suitable activities to meet the specific needs of each individual child to promote inclusion.
- Provide any individual assistance needed to promote the participants’ success, participation and enjoyment of the program(s).
- Supervise children in recreation activities, managing behaviours of children within the group if needed.
- Working in and helping create a non-judgemental, respectful and safe space for individuals with differences.
- Assist in training and supervision of FCF volunteers.
- Provide leadership and guidance to participants and volunteers during 3 weeks of camp (July 8-12, July 22-26 and August 12-16). This may include assisting campers in increasing independence, practicing social skills, building peer relationships and increasing self confidence.
- Participate in evaluation of FCF programs.
- Adhere to all of FCF programs’ and camp’s policies and regulations.
- Maintain and ensure proper usage, clean-up and storage of equipment and supplies.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as designated by the FCF staff.
- Successful candidates must be under 30 years of age on June 17, 2019 to qualify for this position
- High school graduate (college or university in a related area is preferred)
- Willing to work between the hours of 9:00am and 4:00pm with the possibility of some early evenings and weekends for special events.
- Desire and ability to work with children in a variety of outdoors activities.
- Prior experience working with children and/or persons with special needs
- Ability to be flexible and to respond and adapt to a fast-paced, changing environment
- First Aid & CPR certifications considered an asset
- Be able to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date.
- **** Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply ****
Please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail by May 10th, 2019 to email@example.com.
No telephone calls please.