Year Round Opportunities
Have you always wanted to volunteer but haven't found the right setting? Why not volunteer on a 50 acre organic farm and make a difference in the lives of children and young adults with special needs either directly or indirectly through your work. This is an excellent chance to gain hands-on experience in many aspects of organic and therapeutic farming.
All volunteers have a mutually agreed upon schedule with set roles and commitment required. Roles based on interest and support needs and assessment of skills, interests, support needs and availability.
Examples of roles;
- Animal Care (cleaning stalls, socializing animals and/or feeding animals)
- Gardening (weeding, planting, picking and packaging produce for Farmer’s Market)
- Program assistant
- Tour leader
- Special events assistant
We offer volunteer experiences for people with and without disabilities and will work with individuals and their families to provide an individual support plan based on each person’s unique needs for successful volunteering.
If you're interested in volunteering at Fiddlehead Care Farm, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form and send it along with your resume to email@example.com apply.
Please note: For all volunteers, a police records check is required prior to your starting date.
Summer Camp 2017 Opportunities
We're currently recruiting volunteers for our 2017 Summer Day Camp Program. If you're interested, find more information under Camp Volunteers Needed.
Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
Does your group want a unique volunteer experience on a real, working Therapeutic Care Farm?
Fiddlehead Care Farm’s Corporate Volunteer Program gives your group an opportunity to make a difference in your community and gain a greater understanding of the programs and services we provide and the clients we serve. Your group will also get a peek into a real working organic farm and learn about the incredible benefits of Social and Care Farming.
Fiddlehead Care Farm (FCF) staff will work closely with your group to coordinate a volunteer experience that matches your group’s needs and goals. We offer our corporate partners:
- Hands-on volunteer opportunity in a wide range of FCF programs and services that meets the needs and match the values of FCF as well as your organization.
- The chance to help your company become a better corporate citizen and foster a culture of giving back
- Unique team building opportunities for large and small groups
- An opportunity to get a BIG dose of Vitamin N (nature) and witness first had the healing and calming powers of nature and animals
- On-site supervision to ensure the volunteer day runs smoothly
- Available between March and October
FCF’s Corporate Volunteer Program encourages employees to use their skills and talents in a rewarding way. Our corporate volunteer opportunities will offer an excellent team building experience and allow groups to make a positive impact on their community. All tools, materials and training are provided on-site.
Examples of corporate volunteer opportunities available;
- Garden improvement and site beautification projects
- Hands-on planting of native species and careful removal of invasive species
- Produce and plant maintenance, care and harvest
- Take part in a genuine farm to table experience
- Special event planning, preparation, support or sponsorship
- Special building projects (current Opportunities- Building forest boardwalk, sense and sensitivity box building, bird houses, painting and setting up of new chicken house, extend and tend accessible forest trails.)
For more information or to set up a volunteer date for your group, please contact Breanne Mathers (416-988-6689) or Stephanie Deaken (647-624-8421) or firstname.lastname@example.org.